Experience Internal Medicine Training in a Fully-Integrated Health Care System that Inspired All Others.
Welcome to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center (KP LAMC)!
Our program’s mission is to train competent and compassionate physicians who are ready to care for our communities. Our program stands on five main pillars that support our mission; we hope that by edifying these pillars, you will be uplifted toward your personal and professional aspirations.
- Community Engagement
- Lifelong Learning
- Collective Knowledge and Improvement
We truly are a unique program. Here, in addition to an excellent education, a wide variety of patients, a rewarding continuity clinic experience, and our patient-centered, tertiary, fully integrated health care system, you will experience:
- Our special “Ohana Culture”, a commitment to Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, and support to help you process the complexities of transforming into a physician
- Opportunities to engage the community through various local free clinics and other activities.
- Tailored and practical didactics and a safe learning environment that encourages and stimulates inquiry
- Unique research opportunities utilizing the world’s largest integrated EMR as well as meaningful and evidence-based Quality Improvement initiatives
- Strong faculty advising as well as teaching opportunities with students from UCLA, USC, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, and students from our local STEM affiliate
Most importantly, we want to engage you and your talents to strengthen and even transform the above. We empower our residents to shape not only their own educational experiences but also the residency program itself.
We are excited that you are considering one of our 3 tracks – Categorical, Research, and Preliminary Medicine. We invite you to take a tour of our Medical Center. We can’t wait to meet you!
Joon Park, MD
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
Hospitalist, Department of Hospital Medicine
Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
Clinical Instructor, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
Clinical Instructor, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine