Welcome to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center (KP LAMC)!
Take a Virtual Tour of Our Medical Center!
Our program’s mission is to train competent and compassionate physicians who are ready to care for our communities. Six main pillars serve as the foundation for our program and elevate our residents toward their personal and professional aspirations
- Culture of Wellness, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Dedication to Lifelong Learning
- Commitment to Innovation and Research
- Reflective Practice with a Goal for Continued Improvement
- Service to our Community
- Strong Mentorship and Early Engagement
We truly are a unique program. Here, in addition to an excellent education, a wide variety of patients, a rewarding continuity clinic experience, and our patient-centered, tertiary, fully integrated health care system, you will experience:
- Our special “Ohana Culture”, a commitment to Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, and support to help you process the complexities of transforming into a physician
- Practical didactics and learning plans tailored to your needs
- Unique research opportunities utilizing the world’s largest integrated EMR
- An environment that supports improvement, including meaningful feedback and evidence-based Quality Improvement initiatives
- Opportunities to engage the community through various local free clinics and other activities.
- Strong faculty advising as well as teaching opportunities with students from UCLA, USC, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, and students from our local STEM affiliate
Most importantly, we want to engage you and your talents to strengthen and even transform all of the above. We empower our residents to shape not only their own educational experiences but also the residency program itself.
We are excited that you are considering one of our 3 tracks – Categorical, Research, and Preliminary Medicine. We invite you to take a tour of our Medical Center. We can’t wait to meet you!
Joon Park, MD
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
Hospitalist, Department of Hospital Medicine
Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center
Clinical Instructor, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
Clinical Instructor, Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine