Welcome to Kaiser Permanente Fontana Family Medicine Residency, where outstanding physician leaders are made.
Our dynamic faculty train residents to be outstanding family medicine physician leaders that provide quality patient care, understand and reflect the diversity of the communities they serve, and demonstrate life-long learning and advocacy.
The training program is a close-knit resident-faculty group within a large department and tertiary care center. The faculty is a committed, innovative and enthusiastic group who practice family medicine side-by-side with residents and maintain a policy of open communication.
The diversity of our over 600,000 members provides a wealth of experience for our residents. More than 400 board-certified specialists are available to provide lectures, consultations, and one-on-one electives to hone subspecialty skills.
Initially accredited in 1975, we take pride in being one of the pioneer Family Medicine residency programs in a managed care setting. Here you will learn to practice cost effective, evidence-based, patient centered primary care. Our residency graduates are sought-after for their excellent medical knowledge and procedural skills. Though many choose to stay with Kaiser Permanente (KP), others have joined diverse practice settings, including private practice, mission medicine, academic medicine and rural medicine.
Highlights of our program include:
• A diverse patient population that provides an unmatched exposure to common and rare pathology
• State-of-the-art Electronic Medical Record (EMR) across all levels of care
• Substantial training in common office procedures
• Innovative applications of Telehealth
• Outstanding training in population management of chronic diseases
• Established outreach programs in the surrounding communities