Scholarships for people who care about their diverse communities
Kaiser Permanente encourages diversity in the medical profession throughout our programs and practices. We plant seeds for future physicians by nurturing students who are committed to providing culturally responsive care.
2017 Oliver Goldsmith, MD, Scholarships
On May 18, 2017, eleven medical students were recognized with the 14th annual Oliver Goldsmith, MD Scholarship for the Promotion and Advancement of Culturally Responsive Care.
The award celebrates students’ efforts to improve the health care of underserved communities. Awardees receive a $5,000 scholarship funded by KPSC Community Benefit, mentoring from a Kaiser Permanente clinician, and a clinical rotation at a Kaiser Permanente facility.
2017 scholarship recipients:
- Brittany Burton, UC San Diego School of Medicine in Medical Education-Health Equity(PRIME-HEq)
- Claudia Cabrera, Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- Jennifer Cohenmehr, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
- Gabriela Gonzalez, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles,Program in Medical Education -Leaders in Action (PRIME-LA)
- Alexandrea Greene, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles
- Andrew Kim, Harvard Medical School
- Tamandra Morgan, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
- Jeremy Mosher, Touro University California, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Allen Nelson, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Ruth Pedraza, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Nancy Rodriguez, University of California, Davis School of Medicine