For a full description of our fellowship benefits, download our brochure
See table below.
- Major Medical
- Outside Mental Health
Each year you receive three weeks of paid vacation and one week of paid educational time per program approval.
There are six paid holidays per year. Holidays include: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
ACGME residents and fellows are eligible for a Housing Stipend. The full-year amount varies by medical center. Please see below for details.
As a Kaiser Permanente resident or fellow you are eligible for reimbursement for the following educational and license fees incurred while completing your training with us.
- USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX Step 3 Exam
- California Postgraduate Training License
- California Medical License & Renewal(starting in PGY-4)
- DEA Certificate (starting in PGY-2)
- One ABMS Board examination, actual cost, up to $2000
- Academic Society Membership (2)
- Approved Educational Materials, reimbursed up to $500/year
- Approved travel expenses to present your own Scholarly Activity, reimbursed up to twice per year
- Specialty-required professional equipment, per policy
- ACLS, PALS, NRP as required by specialty
- BLS for Health Care
- Lab Coats
Sick Leave and Disability
Sick leave is provided. Short-term disability insurance is available for a nominal charge through payroll deduction. A parental leave policy has been established.
Medical malpractice insurance is provided to you within our medical center by the Southern California Permanente Medical Group.
A meal allowance is provided.
Private rooms are provided when you are on call.
2021-2022 Salary Structure
*effective March 26, 2020
PGY-7 & 8
2021-2022 Benefit Package At-a-Glance
|PGY-4||PGY-5||PGY-6||PGY-7 & 8|
|Educational Materials||$500||Educational Materials||$500||Educational Materials||$500||Educational Materials||$500|
|Medical Center||Full Year Amount (received in biweekly pay)|
|San Bernardino County||$6,000|
*Based on the locality-specific cost-of-rental data, the annualized amounts per medical center