Internal Medicine Inland Empire - Facility
The Kaiser Permanente Fontana Medical Center is a 314 bed, tertiary care multi-specialty teaching hospital. The hospital and adjacent clinical offices are regarded as the major referral center for the entire Inland Empire. Kaiser Permanente offers an unparalleled diversity of patients spanning from primary care to complex tertiary cases, with the ethnic diversity found in a rapidly growing suburban area of Southern California. About one third of our admissions are non-members from our communities.
- KP Fontana Medical Center is a teaching hospital for Kaiser Permanente residents, fellows, affiliate residents and medical students from KP School of Medicine, UC Riverside, Western University, and Loma Linda University.
- Residents have access to cutting edge advances as a tertiary referral center, inclusive of a Coronary Catheterization Lab, Neurosurgical referral center, Stroke Center, and diverse specialty care.
- Faculty also hold academic appointments at Loma Linda University, Western University, and UC Riverside
Site Specialty Services which support Internal Medicine Education:
- Cardiac Surgery Department
- Inpatient Dialysis Unit
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Emergency Department
- Gastroenterology Endoscopy Suite
- Pulmonary Bronchoscopy Suite
- Certified Stroke Center
The Kaiser Permanente Riverside Medical Center features a 226 bed multi-specialty teaching hospital located in Riverside, California, serving over 500,000 members of the Inland Empire—from Palm Springs to Temecula and many other diverse areas of Riverside County. Faculty at the Riverside center span all specialties of Internal Medicine and provide hands-on mentorship in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- KP Riverside Medical Center is a major teaching hospital for Kaiser Permanente residents, fellows, community affiliate residents, including surgical, OB-GYN residents, and medical students.
- The KP Riverside Medical Center faculty provide robust research support: residents publish scholarly activity annually, including in International Journals. Residents also regularly present abstracts in local and national meetings.
- Faculty hold academic appointments at UC Riverside and Loma Linda University.
Electronic Health Record Supports Research:
Kaiser Permanente has the largest private electronic medical record system in the world with over 10 million medical records on file — and uses the data very effectively to support the delivery of care. We are the first health care organization to win the national continuous availability award for its major data centers.
Residents are able to access images, review real time lab and consult results, answer telephone and email messages to their patients on site as well as with a secure token off site. There are links to pharmacy and publication databases at bedside for reference support during patient care activities.