Please read the scholarship criteria before completing the online application.
You can apply for one of eleven scholarships if you:
- Are a student in good standing entering your third or fourth year of medical school
- Demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of culturally and/or linguistically responsive care or diversity through leadership, research or community involvement.
- Intend to practice medicine in Southern California
- Able to participate in a mentoring relationship with a Southern California Kaiser Permanente physician, starting in the Fall of 2021
- All documents must be received no later than January 8th, 2021
- Candidates selected for final consideration will be invited to interview for the scholarship on either March 1st or March 8th, 2021
- Eleven scholarships will be granted in 2021
- Distribution for all scholarships will be made through the Financial Aid Office of the medical/osteopathic school
The following items must be provided by January 8th, 2021 in order to have a complete application:
- Complete and submit the online scholarship application
- Letter from Medical/Osteopathic school stating current academic standing
- Medical/Osteopathic school transcripts (unofficial will be accepted)
- Two letters of recommendation (not family related): one from a medical/osteopathic school professor/clinician as well as a support letter from your work in diversity/culturally responsive care activities