Faculty Southern California - Diversity
Kaiser Permanente Southern California encourages diversity & inclusion in the medical profession throughout our programs and practices. By working in a diverse environment residents benefit from the opportunity to cultivate social awareness and the skills needed to provide culturally competent care. Graduate Medical Education strives to reflect the cultural diversity of our patient population, facilitate both personal and professional growth of our residents and faculty, and enrich the cultural as well as academic milieu of our institution.
- Promote cultural competence and diversity within Graduate Medical Education.
- Actively recruit under-represented minority medical students into residency programs and retain such residents into SCPMG.
- Encourage resident and faculty leadership development and mentorship in the areas of cultural awareness and diversity.
- Utilize strategies, including social media for networking and promotion of the Southern California residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Build strategic partnerships locally and nationwide to address cultural and diversity-related recruiting/pipeline issues of diverse cultural groups and underrepresented minorities
If you are interested in joining the GME Diversity committee, please contact Socal.Residency@kp.org.
If you would like to represent KPSC at a sponsored diversity conference, please check the Recruitment Opportunities and KPSC Events page for opportunities.
For more information about diversity in GME, please click here