- Promote cultural competence and diversity within Graduate Medical Education.
- Actively recruit under-represented minority medical students into residency programs and retain such residents into SCPMG.
- Encourage resident and faculty leadership development and mentorship in the areas of cultural awareness and diversity.
- Utilize strategies, including social media for networking and promotion of the Southern California residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Build strategic partnerships locally and nationwide to address cultural and diversity-related recruiting/pipeline issues of diverse cultural groups and underrepresented minorities
Dereck Deleon, MD
Program Director, Family Medicine, San Diego
Residency Recruitment Coordinator