If Kaiser Permanente were a publicly traded company, it would be #62 on the Fortune 500 list.
- Permanente Medical Groups across the nation include: Southern California, Northern California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Mid-Atlantic (Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia), and the Northwest (Washington and Oregon).
- Southern California statistics: 14 hospitals, 214 medical offices, and nearly 6,200 physicians
- National statistics: 38 hospitals, 618 medical offices, and 17,400 physicians
- Kaiser Permanente members in Southern California: 4 million
- According to the Los Angeles Business Journal, KP is the largest private-sector employer ranked by number of employees in Los Angeles County
- Kaiser Permanente members nationally: 9.9 million
- Nation’s largest electronic health record system, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnectTM
For more than 50 years, the Kaiser Permanente Southern California (KPSC) Residency Program has trained the finest physicians. With maximum accreditation status from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, we offer 33 residency and fellowship training programs in 24 different specialties. Physicians at every medical center hold academic appointments at the leading medical schools in Southern California and train more than 300 residents and fellows each year.
Learn more about what a Kaiser Permanente Residency Program can offer:
- Close interaction with experienced faculty, many of whom hold academic appointments at leading medical schools in Southern California.
- Competitive residency positions that produce well-rounded, highly trained, compassionate physicians who can practice in the medical environment of their choice after graduation.
- Each teaching facility has its own medical library as well as 24 hour access to Kaiser Permanente’s Online Clinical Library.
- Fellows and residents are involved in ongoing research cases, clinical presentations and publications for national journals, academy meetings and research organizations.
- A commitment to teaching culturally responsive care in the excitingly diverse Southern California community. Our large and diverse patient base supports a full panel of fundamental and complex cases for each residency and/or fellowship.
- As an integrated health care system that leads in the technological development of the nation’s largest electronic medical records system, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect ™. KP HealthConnect provides clinicians with immediate electronic access to complete patient medical records-regardless of time or location.
- A challenging work environment that maintains a “work-life balance” suitable for spending time with family and enjoying the Southern California landscape.
Awards & Accolades
(The list below includes just a sampling of awards and accolades.)
- James A. Vohs Awards for Quality
- Lawrence Patient Safety Awards
- Multiple R.J. Erickson Awards
- One of America’s Best Health Insurance Plans in the Medicare Category, according to a joint ranking by U.S. News and World Report and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)*
- The only HMO to earn 4 out of 4 stars for clinical quality and 4 out of 4 stars in member ratings—a combined total of 8 stars—from the 2009 Health Care Quality Report Card from the California Office of the Patient Advocate
- Ranked among the top performing physician groups in California, according to the Integrated Healthcare Association
- Earned Elite Status from the California Association of Physician Groups
- NCQA’s “Recognizing Innovation in Multicultural Health Care Award” for our Language Concordance Program
- Learn more about our various quality accolades at:https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/