- Permanente Medical Group(PMG) across the nation include: Southern California, Northern California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Mid-Atlantic (Washington D.C., Maryland, and Virginia), and the Northwest (Washington and Oregon).
- Southern California statistics: 15 hospitals, 233 medical offices, and over 9,000 physicians
- National statistics: 39 hospitals, 76 medical offices, and 23,271 Physicians, 63,306 Nurses, 218,297 Employees.
- Kaiser Permanente members nationally 12.2 million
- Kaiser Permanente members in Southern California: 4.6 million
- Nation’s largest electronic health record system, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnectTM
- One of the Nation’s most productive research institution, includes national and regional centers and clinician researchers working at the medical centers across all regions*.
For more than 65 years, the Kaiser Permanente Southern California (KPSC) Residency Program has trained the finest physicians. With maximum accreditation status from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, we offer 33 residency and fellowship training programs in 34 different specialties. Physicians at every medical center hold academic appointments at the leading medical schools in Southern California and train more than 300 residents and fellows each year.
Learn more about what a Kaiser Permanente Residency Program can offer:
- Close interaction with experienced faculty, many of whom hold academic appointments at leading medical schools in Southern California.
- Competitive residency positions that produce well-rounded, highly trained, compassionate physicians who can practice in the medical environment of their choice after graduation.
- Each teaching facility has its own medical library as well as 24 hour access to Kaiser Permanente’s Online Clinical Library.
- Fellows and residents are involved in ongoing research cases, clinical presentations and publications for national journals, academy meetings and research organizations.
- A commitment to teaching culturally responsive care in the excitingly diverse Southern California community. Our large and diverse patient base supports a full panel of fundamental and complex cases for each residency and/or fellowship.
- As an integrated health care system that leads in the technological development of the nation’s largest electronic medical records system, Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect ™. KP HealthConnect provides clinicians with immediate electronic access to complete patient medical records-regardless of time or location.
- A challenging work environment that maintains a “work-life balance” suitable for spending time with family and enjoying the Southern California landscape.
Awards & Accolades
- Covered California, the state’s marketplace for Affordable Care Act, has rated Kaiser Permanente 5 stars – the highest possible score – for over all quality in its health plan ratings for 2020
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), recognized Kaiser Permanente Northern and Southern California as having the highest rated plans in the region
- Hospitals named among world’s best (Newsweek, March 2020)
- Kaiser Permanente among the world’s most ethical companies (Ethisphere, February 2020)
- Honored again as one of the best big companies to work for (Fortune Magazine, February 2020)
- 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity (Fortune Magazine, February 2020)
- Best Place to Work for LGBTQ equality (Human Rights Campaign Foundation, January 2020)
- Mental Health Care Rated California’s Best (November, 2019)
- For the past 12 years, Kaiser Permanente in California has earned the highest possible rating for clinical effectiveness in the annual Healthcare Quality Report Card from California’s Office of the Patient Advocate
- For the past 9 years, our Medicare Plan, along with Kaiser Permanente Northern California, received the maximum 5-star rating from the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Learn more about our various quality accolades at: https://about.kaiserpermanente.org/our-story/news/accolades-and-awards#